An automated call was sent out to all North Gualala Water Company customers on Thursday, March 19, 2020 around 5 pm with the following information.
“North Gualala Water Company is calling to inform its customers of some important precautions and policies put into place due to the COVID-19 virus situation.
- The office is closed to the public. Customers should call the office with inquiries or to schedule an in-person appointment with the staff.
- Water operators will continue working their regular hours: 8 am through 4:30 pm and weekends by a designated on-call operator.
- There are many payment methods available to water customers that do not require them to come to the office. These options are on the website, Facebook page, and posted on the front door. NGWC strongly encourages customers to make payments online or over the phone.
- Customers now have the option of scheduling payment pick-ups from their residence if they are unable or unwilling to use one of the existing payment options. Customers who wish to learn more or to schedule a payment pick up should call the office during working hours, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday. The office is closed Fridays.
- There will be no service turn offs for non-payment for the next sixty (60) days or until further notice. Customers are still responsible for paying their full bills each month.
- Customers are informed that there is no evidence that COVID-19 virus survives the disinfection process for drinking water. Californians can continue to use and drink water from their tap as usual.”